Build your confidence with these 5 confidence building tips
I’m going to share with you 5 things you can do right now to build your confidence so you can pursue your dreams and goals with determination and make it happen!
What is confidence and why is it important? Confidence is belief in yourself that you can achieve the task or goal that you are pursuing with passion, energy, and swagger. When you are Not confident, then your fears are more likely to set in, and derail you from your goals, which is why many people don’t achieve their goals.
As a leader, entrepreneur, business owner or sales professional, confidence is extremely important to your success. When you are confident you give off good vibes and people are more likely to do business with or to follow someone that is confident rather than someone who is not. Think about it, do you want to buy from someone, or refer them business if they are not confident in their product or service? Most likely not.
A lack of confidence also creates reluctance and procrastination. If you find yourself, or your team, reluctant or procrastinating on taking action it could be from a lack of self-confidence.
To build your confidence takes conscious effort and here are 5 tips to help you build your confidence so you can pursue your dreams and goals with determination and drive.
- Set clear goals and actions – One of the biggest confidence killers is the fear of the unknown so replace that fear by setting crystal clear goals and actions. Know what it is that you want to achieve and align the goals with realistic actions. This will put you in control and when you have more control you are more confident.
- Gain additional knowledge – When you are lacking skills and experience it creates fear and self-doubt. Gain additional knowledge by reading a book, or attend a class live or online, or find a coach or mentor that you can work with to gain additional knowledge to replace your fear and self-doubt with confidence.
- Take action and learn. Know that when you are pursuing something new that you don’t have all the experience and that it’s okay to make mistakes which is a natural course on how we learn as humans. You could attend a seminar and study how to ride a bike, but until you actually get on the bike, and possibly fall, that is when the real learning takes place and you can apply what you have learned to gain additional experience, and become more confident. We learn best from doing. So, take action knowing that you are going to make mistakes and fall down, it’s okay. There is nothing a little kiss from mom and band aid won’t fix. In fact, you actually have more to lose by not taking action.
- Fill your mind with positive thoughts. We have thousands of thoughts that enter our mind each day and much of it is negative, causing self-doubt, fear, worry, and thoughts that literally strip away our self-confidence. Replace those thoughts with positive thoughts by reading something positive and inspirational each day, along with practicing positive self-talk, to counteract the negative thoughts. One of my favorite books is “What to say when you talk to yourself” by Shad Helmstetter. It’s a great place to start!
- Surround yourself with supportive positive people. When you are around people who are generally negative, the nay sayer’s, and dream killers they literally suck the positive confident energy right out of you. When I’m around these people the image, I have in my mind is that from the dementors sucking the life out of Harry Potter. Use your “Expecto Patronum” to thwart them and their negative energy off by surrounding yourself with positive driven people. Join a professional networking group or organization where people like you that have a desire go places and achieve success come together to hang out and make it happen!
To build confidence take conscious effort each day to fill your mind with confidence building thoughts and actions.
Start here by putting these 5-simple confidence building tips to work for you and go out there and make it happen!
Have an awesome day!
Watch the video version of this blog:
https://youtu.be/YAA64eJiEVI?list=PLvXbL48oyQXztXWhEicbZLxH0tyzl9sY7[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/neUN3BUPlSI?list=PLvXbL48oyQXztXWhEicbZLxH0tyzl9sY7″ el_width=”50″ align=”center”][/vc_column][/vc_row]